Choices Early Childhood Centre

choices-8716-web.jpg

Choices has been working with mums and babies for over 15 years providing antenatal and postnatal midwifery services.  So in 2007 it seemed like a natural progression for CEO Jean Te Huia and the board of trustees to extend Choices’ offering and develop an early childhood centre. Te Kāinga Pōtiki the name of our building was conceived and translates as:

“A home for our babies”

Choices Early Childhood Centre has been developed on our previous site at 208 Southampton St West and opened on the 11th of October 2010.  Choices Early Childhood Centre provides day-care and early childhood education to 20 toddlers (3-4 years) and 10-12 pēpi (10mths -2 years).  The majority of children Choices will predominantly be working with have not previously had access to early childhood education, so by being proactive we hope to increase the number of Māori accessing early childhood facilities at little or no cost to the whanau.

Kaupapa of Choices Early Childhood Centre

As a Māori health organisation, 90% of Choices’ clients are Māori. The remaining 10% are from Pasifika and other ethnicities. As a result, Choices Early Childhood Centre will have a kaupapa Māori approach to working with tamariki and whānau, just as Choices does.  However, everyone is welcome to enrol their baby at Choices Early Childhood Centre, and anyone will be accepted regardless of ethnicity.  We will never say "no" to caring for any baby. Choices always puts mums and babies first.

Enrolment

Choices Early Childhood Centre is taking enrolments now.  So contact our Hastings Clinic or the team at Choices Early Childhood Centre on (06) 878 6504 if you’d like to be booked in!